This article has, at least partially, been "provided" from the ancient location known as "the library of Wikipedia" by means of the Legerdemain skill.
You can help Wizardry Wiki by providing original sources and fixing it.
The Wikipedia librarians and the Wizardry Wiki librarians would be pleased with that action.
Sir-Tech Software, Inc. was a United States computer game developer and publisher founded by Robert Woodhead and Norman Sirotek. While the original company closed its doors in 2001, its Canadian counter-part Sir-Tech Canada continued to operate up until late 2003.
Sir-Tech is best known for the Wizardry computer role-playing game series. The Jagged Alliance series (started in 1994) was also a popular franchise. The third game in the series, Jagged Alliance 2, is over 8 years old, and is still available from its current publisher. Many fans claim it is still one of the best squad-based strategy games.
Demise of the US companyEdit
The management of Sir-Tech blamed their demise on "several shady developers" who had failed to deliver completed games on time, in time for publishing, and retailers who had cut back on initial orders. However, other factors are most certainly part of the equation. Sir-Tech had entered an agreement with Telstar Electronic Studios of the UK to release a series of their products in North America. Unfortunately this resulted in a string of flops (such as Armed and Delirious (1997) where the user plays a grandmother suffering from senility). The meager revenue stream these weak titles provided combined with a low number of SKUs overall contributed to the end decision to close the publishing company.
Developed and publishedEdit
- Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord (1981)
- Wizardry II: The Knight of Diamonds (1982)
- Wizardry III: Legacy of Llylgamyn (1983)
- Crypt of Medea (1984)
- Rescue Raiders (1984)
- Deep Space: Operation Copernicus (1986)
- Wizardry IV: The Return of Werdna (1987)
- Wizardry V: Heart of the Maelstrom (1988)
- The Usurper: The Mines Of Qyntarr (1989)
- Wizardry VI: Bane of the Cosmic Forge (1990)
- Freakin' Funky Fuzzballs (1990)
- Wizardry VII: Crusaders of the Dark Savant (1992)
- Jagged Alliance (1994)
- Jagged Alliance: Deadly Games (1995)
- Wizardry Gold (1996)
- Wizardry 8 (2001)
- Druid: Daemons of the Mind (1995)
- Jagged Alliance (1995)
- Jagged Alliance:Deadly Games (1996)
- Nemesis: The Wizardry Adventure (1996)
- Jagged Alliance 2 (1999)
- Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business (2000)
- The Seven Spirits of Ra (1987)
- Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny (1993)
- Realms of Arkania: Star Trail (1994)
- Armed and Delirious (1997)
- Excalibur 2555 AD (1997)
- Virus:The Game (1997)
- Realms of Arkania: Shadows over Riva (1997)